girl named moe

Friday, September 23, 2005

Random thoughts from the lint trap that is my mind...

Okay, its Friday. I must admit it has been a long week. I haven't been sleeping well, I wake up nearly every morning at 4:00 am. Which wouldn't be so bad, except I can't seem to fall asleep until about 11:30 or midnight. Sometimes when I wake up I watch TV, a lot of late, late night TV. Sometimes infomercials. Sometimes CNN's Headline News. There is a comforting quality about CNN Headline News- Its always the same -- on the half hour and the hour you get the top stories in bite size chunks and then they break away for snippets of sports or entertainment.

Infomercials more often than not, have no comforting qualities. I have concluded from my extensive viewing that infomercials play off deep seated desires: 1. To be wealthier and 2. to be more beautiful. Or, they are time saving cooking devices, with extraordinarily easy to please audiences. The kind of audiences who seem to derive almost orgasmic joy from a rotissered chicken. The wealth infomercials promise fabulous wealth, but they never say how...but they do tell you acquiring this wealth will require no special education, very little time and it is very easy. They have testimonials from people sitting in front of pools touting the host's product "Ever since I ordered Rip McScammington's Mega Extreme Wealth Builder System, I have had a new life. It's easy, I just walk to the mailbox and the checks are there!" Throughout the commercial you are urged to order books and tapes which will tell you the "system" to acquire this massive wealth, yet you never know what it is....the others cover the main beauty topics, losing weight, getting rid of zits and unwanted hair.

Sometimes I just stay awake until Allie and Justin are up, and then I'm pretty much a wreck in the afternoons. Sometimes I snatch an hour of sleep after they both leave. I'm certain the internal 4 am alarm will stop soon and I will be able to get that much needed sleep.

Blog note: I decided to make some changes and also find time to monkey around and make improvements. Also, one of my posts, "Mary Tyler Moore Coat" completely disappeared. However, I saved a copy and will repost with a photo, so you, dear readers, can see Mary Tyler Moore coat and decide for yourself if it was worth the $4 I paid for it.

4 Comments:

  • That was odd about the MTM Coat post. It wouldn't let me comment, either, but took a spammer comment. I think it was possessed. Looking forward to the photo but I am already loving it. You and Charles should look into IMing as you are both up at that time.

    By Blogger Diana, At 2:01 PM  

  • It always freaks me out when someone else has the same template as me. I clicked through to your blog from Dr. Diana Piffle's blog, and thought it had weirdly defaulted back to my blog. It took me longer than it should have to realize that you'd simply changed your template.

    Anyway, I am really interested in seeing that MTM coat for $4 and if there are anymore available where you got yours (I'm sure it was a one of a kind, but still). I could use something like that. I'm going back to Chicago for Xmas and I don't have a warm winter coat anymore (don't need it in PDX--yahoooooo!). An MTM coat is bound to be warm, I'd think.

    By Blogger Rozanne, At 2:17 PM  

  • Go to BananaRepublic.com, and you’ll see several coats that are similar to yours. It will prove that you are a smart and trend-right buyer.

    If you still have "buyers remorse", take it to a seamstress and have it tailored for a custom fit. Plus you can change the buttons (faux tortoise shell?) or go back to the thrift store and buy a cool silk scarf to wear with it.

    I had a great MTM coat in navy. I loved to wear it with skirts and tail boots. One day I was walking by the MTM statue in downtown MPLS. I had on the coat. I even had a similar flip in my hair and a little hat. I though it was the coolest thing. From that day forward (until I lost it) it was known as the MTM coat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:19 AM  

  • By the way, that was me again. Gail

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home