girl named moe

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

Yea! A new year. 2005 wasn't so bad, but really by virtue of the fact that it wasn't 2004, which was an incredibly shitty year, so 2005 did not have a very high hurdle to clear. It was refreshing in it's mediocre, kind of "ground hog day" quality. Therefore, I am expecting more from 2006.

This week I have had the whole week off, which I have dubbed the "week of sloth"- and that it has been. Many days I loll around in my pajamas until well into the afternoon. I read books, watch stupid TV shows and snack on crappy food. A few days ago I had a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk for breakfast, leftover Christmas candy for a snack and ha, ha "low fat" sour cream and onion potato chips as "lunch"-- then I felt really sick from all the bad food and actually ate real food- a sandwich. On the good side, I did get in some long walks which has been my saving grace in the unhealthy week of sloth debacle. I fear that my ass would have needed its own zip code had I not been faithfully walking and walking up hills. The other upside of the many upsides of the "week of sloth"- is that I'm spending a lot of time with Allie, my daughter, teaching her in the ways of sloth, and boy is she a quick study. She may rival her mother in slothfulness with a few more years of careful preparation and training. I think the apex of our mother/daughter sloth fest was when we watched the "What Not to Wear" tv show marathon, and ate snacks. Last night, she and I had a "sleep over" in our own living room - its been a long time since I have had a sleep over- we did each others make up and giggled and laughed and slept on the living room floor. It was a lot of fun, except the whole sleeping on the floor part, and her badgering me to stay up until 2:00 am watching Tyra Banks and "America's Next Top Model"-- not to be catty, but its a good thing those girls are so beautiful...

Allie has developed a new character for her Sasha Fizzypiper story- Jordan Pistachio- an owner of French restaurant that badgers people into eating at his place. (although a friend has nearly convinced her to change his first name to Francois, a little more French than Jordan)

I don't typically set up new years resolutions, but I plan to continue "Operation Improvement" in 2006. Operation Improvement is for me, to improve myself inside and out. I will continue walking and I will after "week of sloth" try to eat some decent food. I think this year I will try to spice up my sad, sad wardrobe. To give you an idea, for work I have four pair of pants- light kakhi, dark kakhi, black and a sort of olive color. Since these are all neutral colors- they get paired with an aray of sweaters and shirts- pink sweater, green sweater, grey sweater, and lots of black. Sometimes I freak out my work mates and wear my exciting skirts- grey or black or hold on to your hats- a floral print!! But thats about the extent of my sad little ensembles. This year I plan to spice it up with accessories. I will find out what exactly they are and how to wear them. I've already started. I found a really cute pair of crystal earrings for $7, marked down from $25. I even know the shirts and sweaters that will match it!

Well, must get back to eeking out the remaining lumps of sloth from my time off.

Happy and healthy 2006 to all!!

6 Comments:

  • I love reading your blogs. They always put a smile on my face. tina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:25 PM  

  • Week of Sloth--I can *so* relate! Since I got back from Chicago on Thursday, I have done next to nothing. Spent a shitload on the computer, but have nothing to show for it. I have projects that need doing and I just haven't done them. I probably will have tomorrow off, too, so I'd better get something done today and tomorrow to make up for the sloth. Argh!

    What a fun mom you are--with the sleepover idea. Perhaps it will make you feel better to know that I have an even sadder wardrobe than you do, thanks to being self-employed. Most of my clothes are at least 10 years old and were never exciting in the first place. Like you, I've resolved to do something about that this year.

    By Blogger Rozanne, At 8:50 AM  

  • Jeez--I really need to reread my comments. I didn't spend a shitload on the computer, I spent a shitload of *time* on the computer. That makes more sense.

    By Blogger Rozanne, At 8:51 AM  

  • Me and my gray jumper and white turtleneck salute you. The week of sloth is a sacred thing. Here's to a lovely 2006!

    By Blogger Diana, At 5:54 AM  

  • I had a day o’ sloth!

    What's sad is James and I had to schedule it ahead of time, and then fight to keep it ‘slothy’.

    Happy New Year

    Gail

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:39 AM  

  • Oh I could so use a week of sloth. But as a hockey mom there is no time for rest this time of year. love your canadian sis.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home