girl named moe

Friday, December 02, 2005

my poor car

This was the day I was supposed to pick up my car from the auto body shop after my accident with Mr. Liar McLiarpants. My nice auto body guy called and said, "Bad news--when we were getting your car re-aligned at the Les Schwab, somebody backed into it. You will need a new bumper."

So, I will have my rental car for a few more days. I feel now like my car will never have any other disasters because now it has met it's quota for life.

In the movie the "World according to Garp"- Garp and his wife are looking to buy a house, and as they leave a prospective house with the realtor, a plane crashes into the side of the house, and Garp says to the realtor, "We'll take it" and the wife looks at him with a look of shock and disbelief, and he says to her, "The house is pre-diastered. We will be safe here."

I happen to believe in that sort of thing. My car has now been "disastered" therefore, I can drive it for more years with confidence that I will be safe in it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home