girl named moe

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sucked under

Well, it has been an exhausting week. I've been worried about some of my family (you know who you are) Sometimes you wish you could be the hero, the rescuer and save your family from any hardships or sadness, but you can't. Then you just hope they know how much you love them and that they can call and just talk, or whatever (glaring pointedly at a certain sibling who needs to call more often!)

Then there was a situation at work that left me totally wrecked yesterday. A co-worker who had a tough life, overcame a lot and was fun to work with, this person's life kind of imploded. Through some bad decisions this person lost their job, they may lose their marriage, and looking at some really tough situations all the way around. My heart just breaks for this person, and breaks because this person has already had enough bad stuff to last a lifetime. I don't want to say too much to protect privacy, but from my end I just feel more sadness than anything, and fear that this person may experience more bad things and get sucked into a dark world. I keep praying about this.

In days like these I kind of feel like we are corks bobbing along on the ocean. Maybe we think we steer this little cork's trajectory across this vast ocean then we realize what a folly this notion is. We are a little tiny cork in this expansive sea. We little corks can get swept away by a giant wave at any time.

Anyway, in response to all of this I've been reading a lot. Sometimes I wake up a 2:00 am and just stare out the window. I'm a natural worrier so when things like this happen I tend to get into worry overdrive. But there isn't a heck of a lot to do when you see your fellow corks sucked under by that sneaker wave.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, you are absolutely right. Doesn't make it any easier. We little corks that band together, though, have a better chance. Blessed that you've been a cork with me. Hope the family issues sort themselves out. Love you lots.

    By Blogger Diana, At 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home