girl named moe

Monday, October 23, 2006

A bit more cheery...

Okay, that last post was depressing. A friend read it and called me, and wanted to pull me "back from the edge."

I will still vote. Its the least I can do. Plus, it was heartening to watch "Meet the Press" and see the future of the Democratic party in the person of the sensible and hopeful Barak Obama.

Plus, Tim's all-white-man panel, were predicting victory for the Dems, the guy from the Wall Street Journal with helmet hair, Cook political report guy with even worse helmet hair and balding David Broder. Hell, even Bob Novak (aka "douche bag of liberty" so named by Jon Stewart) was also predicting a victory for the Democrats.

Don't you think Bob Novak and Dick Cheney both bear a disturbing resemblence to the evil Mr. Potter in Frank Capra's classic "It's a Wonderful Life" ?

6 Comments:

  • Heh. You want a laugh? There's apparently some people who think Barack Obama is the antichrist. I saw ta link on another blog, I'll see if I can find it again.

    By Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman, At 9:00 PM  

  • Heh.. Barack risks over exposure. But it says a lot about what ppl feel about him, that he is so hot.

    I am actually taking the day off on election day. I will help with get out the vote efforts and of course vote. :)

    By Blogger karmic, At 6:25 AM  

  • Wouldn't it be great if we could say "Happy New Year in jail!" to Dick Cheney?

    By Blogger Rozanne, At 2:49 PM  

  • Obama gives me hope as well. It's been a very long time since anyone has. Yes. Cheney=Potter. I'd been wondering who he reminded me of and that's it!

    By Blogger Diana, At 3:33 PM  

  • As long as Obama has something to say that will challenge the PTB, they will continue to slander him. As much as I'd like to see it, Cheney, et. al., won't be going to jail any time soon. Those types always seem to get by somehow.


    Thailand Gal

    ~*~*~*

    By Blogger thailandchani, At 6:58 AM  

  • I walked into your blog, from Karmic_jay's blog. Love the fact that you are history buff. I am not a native. I did however read american history extensively. I still am amazed about how much one person can screw up a real nice place. It is also sad how low the republicans are getting. They are winning votes by calling CLinton ugly and gay. My God and I thought School politics was nasty.

    By Blogger Cacophoenix, At 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home