girl named moe

Friday, November 30, 2007

Man, I'm tired.

Okay, Thanksgiving time at my job is busy and chaotic. But, I love the job because the people are so nice- and they are funny. You can't beat "nice AND funny" to me that is the tops, because the opposite is the kiss of death, who wants to hang out with, work with, be in an elevator with for 6 freakin' seconds with someone who is mean AND boring.

I suppose it would be okay to be nice and boring, but less desirable to be mean and funny. Usually people who are mean and funny are "funny" at the expense of others in not a gentle way, but a hurtful cruel way. Those are a**hats I actively seek to avoid.

I was thinking of my little matrix on how I judge people: the usuals- do they smile? do they seem geniune, etc. My next marker is humor, if they can laugh at something funny or say something funny. The next step is seeing how the treat a waiter, waitress, ticket taker at the movies. Seriously, if someone can't be nice to someone who works with the general public, I really question them. If I found out they also littered and threw lit cigarette butts out of their car while driving, then I really wouldn't like them. If they were cruel to animals and didn't like children I would actively hate them, and avoid them like the plague and warn others about them.

Thats one of my main pet peeves. Man! How I HATE people who throw their lit cigarettes out their car window while driving. I can't stand cigarette smoke, but I've seriously considered having a few burning cigarettes in my car ashtray and when one of these flaming smacktards threw their burning cigarette butts out the window, I would drive up next to them, signal them to roll down their window and I would throw one of the burning cigarette butts into their car! Hopefully landing in their lap.

People who are mean to animals are scary. I think there is something essentially WRONG with someone who hurts animals. wrong, wrong, wrong. I would be scared of such a person. I would keep Allie (and of course kittycito) far, far away from them.

The reality is, I work with, live with people who are funny, but in a nice way, who are nice to people who have to work with the public, either don't smoke or they are respectful enough not flick their lit butts around (teehee) And who would not in a million years consider being mean to a pet, but in fact love animals. I'm really, really lucky.

And punchy, and tired because I'm writing about plotting revenge against people who throw lit cigarette butts outta their cars...okay, I'm going to veg out now.

6 Comments:

  • I've been thinking "man people suck" lately. Quite a bit, lately. 'tis the season for asshats and all...

    By Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman, At 5:53 PM  

  • I like your cigarette revenge idea. I've seen a ton of drivers throw their cigs out the window in the past week. I scowl and swear at them but so far it seems to be doing no good. Maybe a well aimed bit o' retribution would do the trick?

    By Blogger Diana, At 6:50 AM  

  • People who throw cigarette's out of their cars should be drawn and quartered.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:29 AM  

  • Man people suck?

    I meant "mean people suck," though man people might suck too....

    By Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman, At 2:45 PM  

  • "flaming smacktards"

    That is such a great term! Did you make it up? I'm so out of the loop with pop culture perhaps everyone's using it but me.

    I agree that people who hurt animals (innocent creatures!) are very scary. Apparently, when sociologists and psychologists examine the childhoods of serial killers they often find that they tortured and killed animals when they were children. It's just chilling and almost unbearable to think about.

    By Blogger Rozanne, At 10:34 AM  

  • I like the things you said about what you look for in people to tell if they are genuine. I have sort of similar markers too.

    You can't beat "nice AND funny" to me that is the tops

    Amen! Take care and have a wonderful holiday season ahead.

    By Blogger karmic, At 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home